Thursday, March 15, 2012

Awkward, out of place, offensive, intrusive...


God uses the physical to remind us of the spiritual. 

This morning I had to leave the comforts of my 30 mile radius that I really like to stay in.  

When I got away from my familiar surroundings I came across road construction and not just a little.  

The whole highway is under construction.

Not only was I trying to figure out how to maneuver a road that used to be familiar to me but the big truck in front of me was only going about 20 miles and hour.

There were cranes and huge chunks of wall oddly placed on the side of the road, and way too close.  

I was over stimulated by sounds, sites and confusion.  


The big truck stopped in front of me.  The sun peaked out from the top of it and the I could only focus on how beautiful the sun beams were bouncing off the top of the truck and how blue the sky was.  I noticed the truck was a really pretty color of red when the light hit it just right... and so I took a picture.


To my left, (way too close to my left) There was big equipment and an awkward cement block sitting in a humongous pile of dirt. I noticed the sun hitting the side of the big green cement block and making the silhouette of the crane.  I thought the shadows the light cast were pleasing and really liked the color of green the sun made the cement block appear to be.  

The only reason these things were beautiful to me was because of the sun.  
The light made them bright, colorful and interesting.

I was reminded of how lovely I am in Christ.  With out Christ, I was awkward, out of place, offensive and often intrusive.  But when His light shines on me I'm new.

How lovely is your dwelling place, 

   LORD Almighty! 

Psalm 84:1






2 comments:

  1. oh that is such a wonderful, tangible analogy. thank you for that refreshing gulp of truth tonight, crissy,
    tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true, Crissy. Noticing Him in the small things is my goal!

    ReplyDelete