Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Texas Weather: March 12

It's all just a breath. 

Today, I had some prayer time. While I was praying, the phrase "but a breath" kept repeating over and over in my mind. 

In the past, I've read Bible verses referencing that we are a fog, a mist, a shadow, here today-gone tomorrow, and it makes me a little... well.... sad. It reminds me that I'm only here for a little while. I want to be more than just a breath; more than just a moment. 

But, this afternoon as my boys played in the trails of sunlight on the floor, and the cool breeze made it's way through the cracked window, I looked down at my 2 year old who smiled up at me. I heard the words, "...it's all just a breath, a sweet sweet breath." 

God breathed you into existence. If we're living with-in an exhale then why do we spend our days inhaling things that don't matter. Because we know God's breath is voluntary and deliberate we can be reassured that we have a purpose. Each of your breaths are precious to the one who breathed you. When you become born again, you are covered in the blood of Jesus. So, as God begins to inhale, his nose is filled with the sweet aroma of His son. 

You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath.”  (Psalms 39:5 NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment