Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 1: Fail

Today was like a really bad first day of school. Like setting out my brand new, expensive, surely-to-impress outfit and neatly organized back pack the night before only to wake up with an entire-face-break-out and broken blow dryer.

I went to bed a little irritated. The Mighty One said, "Come talk to Me, I'll work it out." And my soul said, "Girl, you got this." This morning, I didn't give thanks. I didn't come into His presence, I didn't seek Him first. I went right to my sleeping husband, woke him up and said what I "needed" to say. Then we both exploded. When the smoke cleared I text my "one another" (We take care of one another). She started praying.

By 10am I was warn out. Emotionally drained. Amd then my phone rings. It's my husband, the peaceful one. He tells me he went to The Mighty One and asked Him what he should do. And, he listened and he was obedient. Peace, Love and happiness was re-established and then some. God always gives a little more than I ask for. If only I would have gone to Him first. The entire morning would've been a better one.

Luckily, there's hope. Today I picked up my amplified Bible and looked up every scripture having to do with thanksgiving. There are so many verses of praise for His mercy and loving-kindness.

Psalm 107:1 "O GIVE thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever!"

And my most favorite:

Jeremiah 33:11 "There shall be heard again the voice of joy and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the voices of those who sing as they bring sacrifices of thanksgiving into the house of the Lord, Give praise and thanks to the Lord of hosts, for the Lord is good; for His mercy and kindness and steadfast love endure forever! For I will cause the captivity of the land to be reversed and return to be as it was at first, says the Lord."

If that Word didn't stir something up in you, read it again. Keep reading until you get it. Until you can feel His hand upon you. He's making a promise to you. When He makes a promise it's always kept.

Isaiah 55:11 "So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." The Mighty One gave Jeremiah 33:11 to me as a gift today.

Tomorrow is a new day. And this morning He LOVED me and tomorrow morning He'll LOVE me. Without disappointment, without reservation.

No comments:

Post a Comment