Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Welcome! It's for real this time.

Adapt. Adapt. 2 Peter 3 says, "IN LIKE manner, you married women, be submissive to your own husbands [subordinate yourselves as being secondary to and dependent on them, and ADAPT yourselves to them], so that even if any do not obey the Word [of God], they may be won over not by discussion but by the [godly] lives of their wives."

The word "adapt" has made something rise up in me. A challenge? A dare? A repair? The other words, "secondary", "dependent", "subordinate" are all difficult to accept but are all attitudes I can fake. I can "act like" I'm all of those things. But, adapting....That's a real challenge. You actually have to change some things. Permanently. Not all things. I am still fearfully and wonderfully made to be Crissy. But, I can admit that I'm up to the challenge to adapt. And if I am adapting, all other attitudes will fall into place.

I've been praying for this. "Lord, take away my anger, take away my words that cut. Calm my spirit." But how? I've tried really hard to keep my thoughts to myself. If I'm writhing with anger I do it quietly like a "good" wife. But then, I look at my God, and my husband with steam coming from my ears and scream, "I can't take this no more!" And I let loose. Everything I've been holding in since I decided to be a good wife 10 minutes before floods out.

Then, back to my Father "Lord, it didn't work. What now? I thought you were going to help me!" For days, weeks, months I scream, I pray, I snap, I pray, I cry, I pray.

"What Lord, what? I can't do it. I try. I try. You know I try. I can't."

Then He says, "I can."

Oh yeah. That's right. You see, I don't need for him to "help me". If I need help, then it's like I'm in the driver's seat asking Him to just look at my map. What I need is to surrender. Matt 11:28. "Come to me, all you who are weary. Take my yoke upon you and I will give you rest. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Jesus' "burden" in this verse is His core value. His Yoke! The center of all of His teachings. His burden is in Luke 10:25-28, "One day an expert in religious law stood up to test Jesus by asking him this question: 'Teacher, what should I do to inherit eternal life?' Jesus replied, 'What does the law of Moses say? How do you read it?' The man answered, ‘You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ And, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[a] 'Right!' Jesus told him. 'Do this and you will live!'” Ok, "Yes, Lord."

Then He says, "Thankfulness."

One Word. One Word created the world. One Word created me. One Word spoken over me and everything changes. "Thankfulness."

In Isaiah 55:11 He says, "It is the same with my Word. I send It out, and It always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and It will prosper everywhere I send It."'

Thankfulness: my adapting attitude. I'm keeping a thankfulness journal. I'm trying to write down 1,000 things I'm thankful for. Thankfulness is easy to find if you're looking for it. I've been thankful for things from, hugs from my husband to chocolate donuts with dinosaur sprinkles. I got the idea from the book, One Thousand Gifts by Ann Volskamp/http://www.aholyexperience.com/ Read it, it's good. Although it makes you want to be a farmer.

My adapting action? I prayed about it. I asked God what adapting looked like for me. Exercise. That's what He said. I'm always positive it's God if it's something I would never come up with on my own. But, Hubby really loves to run. I don't. But, adapting means, I love what he loves. And, becoming a runner won't be too hard on my hips and thighs. Also, I know he would really love it if I cooked healthy meals at night.

So, not only will this blog be a blog about thankfulness and what God speaks to me through my appreciation of Him and how I am rewarded for adapting but also, about running. A little family, a little love, a little nutrition, a little weight loss, a little stumble, a little strength gained. If you can deal with my spelling and grammarical errors, it'll be fun. So, starting today, this is me. Adapting.

No comments:

Post a Comment