Saturday, February 4, 2012

I was Run.ning!


Thursday was my very first "run". I'd been making many excuses. For some reason I thought I could only run in the morning...and I would have to have the couch to 5k app... and the perfect running shoes... and the perfect running outfit... and my bangs, I don't want to run with sweaty bangs...and I hadn't written down my goals or purpose for running yet and why even start without setting clear goals? Well NO MORE! Thursday morning I woke and I couldn't immediately go run. I still had to get hubby off to work, get my boys fed, get myself fed, start some laundry, read something God wanted me to read and get us all dressed. It was noon before I could even think about getting out the door. But, I didn't throw in the towel. I put on running shorts with harry legs (no excuses), pulled my bangs back, put on a wrinkled t-shirt and mis matched socks then threw the boys in the car and headed to the track.

At the park, with boys in the stroller, I set my stop watch for 30 minutes and started with a 5 minute warm up. Then I set small goals. "I'll run from here to that tree." Goal accomplished. Then I walked a little. Then, another small goal, "I'll run across the bridge to the second pole." Goal accomplished. I didn't get discouraged and every accomplishment brought encouragement. Draw back: 3 year old yelling, "Run faster MAMA!" and we had to stop half way and look at the ducks. But all in all a great time. Swings to bring the run to a close.

1 comment:

  1. I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! Keep it up, I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete