Monday, February 6, 2012

Mrs. Independent....no thank you

And David said to all the assembly, Now adore (praise and
thank) the Lord your God! And all the assembly blessed the Lord, the God of their
fathers, and bowed down and did obeisance to the Lord and to the king [as His
earthly representative]. (1 Chronicles 29:20 AMP)

I read this the other day and was reminded of Eph 5:22-23, Wives, be subject (be submissive and adapt yourselves) to your
own husbands as [a service] to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife as Christ is the Head of
the church, Himself the Savior of [His] body.

My husband is my king, he is my earthly representative of Christ. A sweet girl at my church once referred o her husband as her, "Jesus with skin on". That's absolutely correct. I was still having trouble with the thought of adapting and submitting until God revealed these verses to me. And in these verses he revealed these truths.

1. If I am praising my sweet husband, I am praising Him.

2. If I am serving my husband, I am serving Him. For example: Hubby's love language is touch, he loves to have his feet rubbed, hair rubbed, ears rubbed, neck, shoulders.... When I make time to serve him in that way I am serving my savior.

3. When I am disrespectful I am disrespecting my Father.

4. When I don't trust his decisions, that's my indication that I need to search my heart because I'm not fully trusting my Father. and I'd I don't fully trust my Father that's an indication of unbelief. Gd is powerful! Believe it!

I told my sweet hubby that I figured out that he is my king and earthly representation of Christ and he thought that was a lot of pressure but I said, "think about the amount of pressure I'm under. If I disrespect you, I'm disrespecting God and if I don't trust you then I don't trust God." He said, "I like the way you're talking." I have fallen in love with my husband all over again. He is my king. My marriage is a triple braided cord. Ryan and I are twisted together with the Creator of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment