Thursday, February 23, 2012

Non-nagotiables in Marriage.


Non-Nagotiables...I know what you're thinking, "Finally, this girl's making some since."

Yesterday I was watching The Talk and two of the guests were, Melissa and Joan Rivers. I am not suggesting that anyone watch this show. I find the hosts to be very annoying and most of their guests. I don't get it we already have The View...anyway, Melissa Rivers is recently divorced or broken up, I'm not sure if she was married but either way, her relationship recently ended. So, one of the hosts asked Melissa what had happened and she said she had a list of non-nagotiables and he basically crossed over the line into her non-nagtiables. Done and done.

My non-nagotiable used to be, "If he were to ever cheat on me I would leave him so fast."

What are your non-nagotiables? Can you list them in your head? You know what, better yet, write them down. Go on, I'll give you a minute.

Done? Ok...now rip that piece of paper, with all it's sillieness, right up and tell satan that your are taking back control of your marriage and he is not getting ahold of it, IN JESUS NAME! When we make a list of non-nagotiables for our marriage we are telling satan exactly what it will take to destroy it. "If he ever cheats on me, I'll leave" Well, guess what temptation satan is going to put in your husband's path or guess what kind of lies he's going to tell you to make you think it's happening.

My husband and I are part of a triple braided cord. Ecclesiastes 4:12 "A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken." So, if my sweet, tender, wonderful, funny, handsome, peaceful husband is having an off day, week or month, there is Another in our marriage and He is who I'm holding on to, and when the two of us get together and I get in agreement with Him, my husband is out numbered. So what's the point of non-nagotiables?

Or, when I come under attack and that pesky liar starts whispering lies about me or my husband in my ear, I remember that I'm part of a triple braided cord and I can go to my Father first and ask my Father what he says is the truth...and He tells me. He takes me back to where we came from, He walks me through forgiveness and His grace and covers me with His feather and under His wings I find refuge. I will not fear because those lies will not come near me. (Ps. 91)

So, you don't have to take it anymore. You don't have to listen to the one that lies to you. Don't make lists and keep them in your head, waiting for the moment that your husband messes up so you can hold your list up and say, "I knew you would do this to me!"

Instead, make a list of things you appreciate about your husband. And, find freedom in listening to The One that LOVES you and your husband and The One who finds Joy when the two of you love each other. Find refuge under His wings.

I praise you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment