Monday, March 26, 2012

3 Gifts Almost Gone




1.  My sweet precious 3 year old is almost gone.  There's not much left of the chubby little guy he was just a few short months ago.  He doesn't use his baby words anymore, like "doddle".  The other day he corrected me saying, "That's not a doddle it's a sippy cup." The toddler days are over and the preschool days are almost gone.  What a precious gift to be the one that feeds him food, words, knowledge and love everyday.





2.  This baby.  This baby is almost gone.  Never to be seen again.  I breathe in deeply every hug, snuggle and kiss.  I wrap my arms tightly, kiss firmly, and touch softly this baby.






3.  My coffee is almost gone.  Just a few sips left.



3 comments:

  1. It is so good to cherish those days that go by so fast. Everyone tells you that in the thick of the young years that you think will never end. Mine are teenagers now. I miss those baby days sometimes. Nice to meet you through Ann's place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know the feeling! My son turns three this summer and I cannot believe how quickly time flew. I look at all of my children and my heart aches. All those baby moments...if only I could revisit each and every one and breathe in all the memories a little more slowly this time :) Visiting from A Holy Experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splashing around in God’s goodness today … Had to stop by and wade in this glorious place. Hope you don’t mind if I stay a bit and let joy soak deep down.

    Splashin’
    Sarah

    http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete