Thursday, March 29, 2012

Brave Leader



I love the dynamics of my family.  I'm never alone, I'm always loved and I'm surrounded by boys.  We have crazy, loud, busy days, days that we can't wait to get away from each other and be alone, and days that we can't wait to cuddle up in a big huddle like puppies.

I love them all.  
My life is about them.  
My passion is all 3 of them.
 But today, this whole page is all about my Bubba.  

God created us for each other, me and my Bubba.  He was given to me to teach me how to love and be loved.  He is sensitive, sweet and thoughtful. He loves a good compliment, he's learning how to take a joke and tell one, he's really good at putting things together, he's the best big brother I've ever seen, and he's a really good little friend (unless sharing's involved, but we're working on it). I've been trying to find a new way to tell him how great he is everyday.

Last week I watched him be a leader.  I've never been a leader and it comes naturally to him.  Two little boys were playing with something in a book store that Tucker know's is against the rules (my rules).  I heard him quietly and kindly say to the little boys, "That's not for us to play with." And the boys kept playing and Tucker went about his business.  I pulled him aside and said, "You're a great leader."  He raised his eyebrows and smiled proudly.

A few hours later he was playing and jumped off of something high.  I said, "You're so brave Bubba!"  He said, "Uh-huh, I'm a brave leader."  

  He IS a brave leader. 
He spoke the words over himself 
and I will gladly call that out of him.

Me and my brave leader!






1 comment:

  1. What a sweet brave leader you have! I have 3 boys of my own ;) love this post!

    ReplyDelete