Friday, March 16, 2012

Hello Friend! Where are you from? How did you get here?

I was born into a cloud of hairspray.

I come from early morning coffee pots and late night talks around the shampoo bowl.

I've snapped green beans on a Sunday afternoon.

I grew up on sun tan lotion and bad advice

I come from "Where's the boat key?" and "Need anything from the bait shop?"

I wore flip flops before flip flops were cool

I come from close calls with fire crackers

I was taught, "Every girl needs a fishing pole."

Fresh Prince at 7 and Blossom at 7:30 and cereal for dinner

I come from loud country music and even louder voices

Sweating in the sunshine and sleeping by the river

Black Betty Bam a Lam

I found a good friend.

I dreamed of excitement and woke up with too much of it

I've walked through dark places

I was alone

I was lost, He found me on my knees

I found myself in His arms.

This is why I'm grateful.


























No comments:

Post a Comment