Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easy, Cheap, and Good: Salmon Patties

I am not a whiz in the kitchen.  If you have a baby, get sick, or have a death in the family, I won't bring you anything to eat.  I've been known to bring energy drinks and packs of cigarettes to those who needed them but rarely, if ever, have I made a casserole.

If I make something really fantastic it's because someone else made it for me and I made them tell me, in great detail, how to make it. This is how I got this fantastic salmon patty recipe.
Thanks to the Faw Faws.


Here's the dish...pun intended.

Ingredients: 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 can of salmon, 1 egg, half bell pepper chopped, quarter onion chopped, sleeve of Ritz crackers or bread crumbs.

For the side:  2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and broccoli

Preheat your oven to 350 and heat 1 tbsp of olive oil on low in your pan.











A spoon full of yogurt keeps the baby 
occupied during the cooking of dinner.
It's quite a mess but bath time comes shortly after.
Moving on...




Mush all of your ingredients together adding crackers if needed. 
Then form into patties and fry em' up in the pan.  
About 4 minutes on each side on low heat.







Now that you've got your patties going....
put your broccoli, olive oil, 
salt, and pepper in a baggie 
and shake.


Throw the contents of your baggie in a pan 
and put them in the oven for 20 minutes. 


Move your patties from the pan to 
a plate with a paper towel on top.











Tell the big boys it's dinner time.
Try to avoid getting sprayed with the water hose.










Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment