Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I got a new attitude.



 Sunday morning, I sat in church.

 I listened to the announcements while wrapping up texts messages and sipping my coffee.

 The band came on and invited us all to stand. I clapped my hands, sang and smiled along with everyone else. Then, my ears were tuned to the lyrics,
 "Through you, I can do anything.
 I can do all things 
 I am living by faith...." 



Then the whole church loudly sings, 


"Nothing is impossible!" 


and then the worship leader free styles a little and sings, 


"Do you believe it?"


I felt a gentle nudge.  My husband was out of town this weekend so it wasn't him letting me know I'd stopped clapping to the beat. It was the Holy Spirit.  He said, "Well, do you believe it?"

I continue to struggle with poor eating habits.  Well, lets just call it what it is,

I EAT LIKE CRAP!

I keep forgetting that with God I can overcome any strong hold.  I don't have to keep craving and filling my body with things that will die.  I need to look up and crave The One who lives.

I said, "No, I don't believe it."
Because He is faithful, He gave me a word.  "Attitude"


When you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus.You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;to be made new in the ATTITUDE of your minds;and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.  Eph 4:21-24


at·ti·tude/ˈatiˌt(y)o͞od/

Noun:
  1. A settled way of thinking or feeling, typically reflected in a person's behavior.
  2. A position of the body proper to or implying an action or mental state: "the boy was standing in an attitude of despair".


No comments:

Post a Comment