Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Moments a little more meaningful...


Father of Glory!

Give me a spirit of wisdom and revelation, of insight into mysteries and secrets in the deep and intimate knowledge of you.  Lord, flood my eyes with light so that I can know and understand the hope to which you have called me.  Thank you Lord that you have set me apart and I have a rich and glorious inheritance through you.  Lord, give me full understanding of the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of your power in and for me. The same power you exerted in Christ when you raised him from the dead and seated him at your own right hand in the heavenly places. (Eph 1:17-20)

When I'm staring at my own baby while he sits at the table coloring and my heart breaks for children who were terrified and exposed to things too dark. While my little boys are laying on the ground belly laughing and for a long moment I'm aware of laughter that has been replaced with thick silence.  I think of the peanut butter sandwich that won't be made. The picture that won't be taken. A present that won't be opened   And then He comforts me...

I see Christ at the right hand of the Father.  His right hand is on my left shoulder.  He reminds me that he doesn't just offer us Eternal Life but that his very nature is Eternal Life.  In those two words, the Spirit in me filtered through my fleshy brain, tries to grasp the intensity and fullness of  Him.  The TV preacher says this life is short, ugly, and violent and we won't all leave this earth in 90 year old bodies, warm in our beds.

I'm shifting my perspective.  If His very nature is Eternal Life then my very nature is Eternal Life.

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted." Matthew 5:4

No comments:

Post a Comment