Tuesday, March 12, 2013

He Calls Me Rebekah

Can I be honest? Actually, can I be bold?  Un-apologetically bold?

I'm going to expose Satan's lies today and stomp on his head. And then I'm going to bring glory to the Father.  I need your help.  I'm going to make a list of lies that I've believed.  When you read a lie that you've believed, will you confess to your Father - who tells you the truth - that you have believed that lie and promise you'll never believe it again.  Then, call a sister and tell them you've believed a lie. Ask if they've believed the same lie and then tell them it's NOT true.  Then, share the truth.

Satan is a liar, but he's not a very creative one.  He tells us girls the same lies over and over again.  The tricky part is, he makes his thoughts sound like our thoughts. Because he knows we'll believe or own voice.

Exposing Satan's Lies:

Lie #1: If these girls knew who I really was/what I was really like, they wouldn't want to be my friend.

Lie #2:  I need to fix my husband.

Lie #3:  I need to clean up/hide this mess.

Lie#4:  My kids deserve a better mom/I'm not a good mom.

Lie #4:  My kids deserve a better looking mom.

Lie #5:  My husband deserves a better wife/better looking wife.

Lie #6:  People don't really want to be my friend.  They think they're helping me but they'll stop calling soon.

Lie #7:  I have no one.

Lie #8:  They wouldn't care anyway.

Lie #9:  I suck.

Lie #10:  I'm not good at anything.

Lie #11:  I should probably just believe all of the hurtful things others have said about me.

Lie #12:  They're talking about me behind my back.

If I've left anything out, please, leave it in the comments.

Stomping on Satan's head:

In no particular order.

Step one:

Identify the lie.

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5

Step two: 

Renew your mind.

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:2

Step three:

Praise.

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Phil 4:8

Step four:

Do this.


"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people." Eph 6:10-18

Step 5:
Tell a friend. 
Don't keep secrets for Satan.  
Glory to God!
In moments of believing Satan, I find myself lying face down in the darkness on the longest darkest day.  I put my hands over my teary eyes to shield them from any light that may be trying to get in.  My Savior King lies next to me, stroking my hair, and He whispers to me while I sob and I ask him to pull me closer.
He says, "Do you know what I call you?"
I sigh and whisper, "No."
"Ask me." He says.
Before I can finish the question, He whispers, "Rebekah."
Genesis 24 introduces Rebekah, the bride of Isaac, the son of Abraham.  As I re-read the chapter He, Jesus, guides me into understanding the parallel between Rebekah and Isaac and Jesus and His bride; Abraham's servant as the Holy Spirit and the gifts he brings Rebekah. 
He, Jesus, shows me that I am LOVED.  I am CHOSEN.  I am WATCHED CLOSELY.  I am GIFTED. I am a BRIDE.  When all of these things are the truth then no lie can be believed or rest on me. Every thought that is not my own is exterminated.        






No comments:

Post a Comment