Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day T-shirt

I'm the last minute mommy.  Today{February 13} I waltzed in to Crazy 8 expecting to find $5.00 Valentines Day shirts, same as I do every year. I looked around and didn't see anything. I asked the sales girl, "ummm...Where are all of the Valentines shirts?" Without looking up at me, she said, "All we have left are over there hanging in front of the red jacket." All they had left was a couple of onesies. 

I would have stormed out had my stroller been a little easier to maneuver through there racks of adorable clothes.  Instead, the two year old struck up a conversation with the sales girl that lasted about 5 minutes. We both agreed that he is adorable and then I left. I got in the car. I didn't want to drive all the way to Old Navy and I think the employees at Target are starting to give me funny looks when they see me walk in every day. So, my retail options were limited.  But, thankfully I remembered that I have iron-on printer paper. Right then and there I decided I would make this year's Valentine shirt for the Kindergartner.  

After searching Pinterest for cute t shirt ideas and surveying a few friends, this is what I came up with.....  


Does anybody else remember trying to trick people into thinking you were saying "I love you" by mouthing "Alligator Food"? Or, if you're like me, you were the trickee. Some other options were "Olive Juice" and "Elephant Shoe" but an olive isn't nearly as cute an Alligator.  I explained the joke to the Kindergartner and he thought it was hilarious.  His other choice was, "I mustache you to be my Valentine" or my favorite, an anatomically correct heart.

Any way, this was really easy.  You have to press down really hard for a lot of minutes.  I believe the instructions on the box say to iron for 2-3 minutes but I would say 5 or more. Also, you can see there's a little smudge. Just don't be careless like me and you'll be fine. 

This is the iron-on printer paper that I used.  I got it Hobby Lobby....


She looks like a lot of fun doesn't she.  She probably never smudges her iron-on ink.

Sooooo.... If you're a last minute mommy like me, and you would like a copy of this Valentine graphic for yourself then, here ya go...

I love comments and questions!



No comments:

Post a Comment