Sunday, October 20, 2013

When you get married....

We were married in the Stockyards. My colors were torqouise and black. After we were officially married and walked back down the isle as husband and wife, the song "Another One Bites the Dust" played over the sound of our friends and family cheering.

My cake was two tiers, square, and off-white with white fondant polka dots and we almost forgot to cut it. We served Riskey's bar-b-q and even peach cobbler. I had a "DJ" that kept trying to sing while we all just wanted him to let us dance to songs like Fergaliscious. Our gift to our guests was a deck of cards that had our names and wedding date on them.

My wedding day was the best day of my life. My reception was the best party I've ever been to. But, in the 9 months of planning leading up to my wedding , when I would sit and dream about married life, I dreamed of days like today. Days that started with getting my kids ready for church. And church was me sitting next to my husband with his arm around me or squeezing my hand when the pastor would say something that meant something personal to us. I dreamed of Sundays after church with football on TV and kids running around screaming while Ryan and I laughed at them or had our own conversations about nothimg at all, laughing about things that can only make the two of us laugh. I dreamed of windows open and eyes closed under the sunshine. And, little boys jumping on a trampoline.

Today was a dream day.

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Only wish I hadn't had to have a surgical procedure the day before and missed it. I truly missed out on a beautiful moment. All my love to you. You've become a sister to me and I love those beautiful babies!!

    ReplyDelete