Thursday, October 17, 2013

Joy is a fear killer...and other good things to mull over.



I am coming out of a storm.  I am standing in the middle of a ray of sunshine with my hair tousled and frazzled.  My fists are still un-clenching and my eyes are adjusting to the light. I can look behind me and see the storm I just walked through.  It's dark and scary looking but it's passed over me.  Ahead, I see fields of green, a cool breeze, rainbows, and a soft place to rest and take a long deep breath.

Everyone is either going into a storm, in a storm, or coming out of a storm.  It's our job to love each other during all of the phases of the storm. When we're in the storm we get tired.  We need someone who has walked through the storm to come bedside us and direct our eyes into the direction of the rainbow that is just ahead.  "See, there it is! I couldn't see it at first either, but if you look close enough, I promise it's there." When you're in the storm you need someone to remind you that you're held by the one who sends the rainbows. 

My storm has been fear.  Fear has been a recurring theme in my life. For the past few months I've been fighting fear.  Fear comes in and tries to steal my joy.  Fear brings nightmares, doubts, anxiety, and insecurity.  There were times in the past few months that I thought fear would win. But, Joy kills fear!

If you're in a storm. If you are fighting fear. If you're getting tired. I'm here to tell you, there's a rainbow just ahead. I couldn't see it at first either but if you look close enough, I promise you'll see it.  It's there. You may not feel Jesus's presence but he's there.  He know's you're fighting and He doesn't just fight with you, he's fighting for you. So, just rest. 

Even though you're in a battle, it's already been won. 

These are my rainbows...
You love righteousness and hate wickedness;
 therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
 by anointing you with the oil of joy. Psalm 45:7

Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death.  Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying. Hebrews 2:14-15

Your storm is ending. It's almost passed.


No comments:

Post a Comment