Sunday, March 23, 2014

It's the same with His word...

Every Sunday that I sit in church with my husband, with his arm around my shoulder or my hand in his, is a reminder that God hears and answers our prayers. 

This morning, we stood with the rest of the church while the band played the worship songs. Ryan cradled the baby in his arms and his hand held her pacifier in her mouth. He slowly swayed to the music gazing at our baby girl's face, and I gazed and swayed right along with him. My mind wondered back to a time that sitting in church with my husband and baby was only a day dream; a prayer that I thought would be impossible for God to answer. But, that was before I knew how incredibly possible all things are with our powerful God who loves and adores us. I dreamed that we would sit together in church. But, God desired to see my husband positioned as the leader of our family that he was born to be. 

I could have never imagined, in all of my day dreams, the man that God would transform my husband into. His heart for his family has been completely changed. We have a really beautiful life together. There are hard (really hard) days mixed in there, but at the end of every day he is on my side. 

On the days that my heart is cold, he warms me. When my faith is fading he speaks wise words, that seem to come out of no where, and he ministers to me in a way that only he can. When someone hurts my feelings, he reminds me that my feelings get hurt easily and then he loves me through it and says all kinds of sweet things that make me forget that my feelings were hurt. 

God is for marriage. God is for daddies and mommies. God is for unity. He is for transformation and healing. He uses my marriage to remind me of that all the time. He uses my marriage to show just how deeply and profoundly he is for all of these things. 

It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it. You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills will burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands! Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow. Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up. These events will bring great honor to the lord ’s name; they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.” (Isaiah 55:11-13 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment