Monday, March 10, 2014

Texas Weather: March 10

We have had too many cold days in Texas. Us Texas people aren't used to it. This Texas girl tends to make a cozy little cave out of my home when the temperatures get below 50 degrees. So after days and weeks and months of cold weather, the sun beckons me outside. 

Like an animal coming out of hibernation, I slowly emerge out of my hole feeling the warmth of the sun cover me. I squint my eyes and block the sun as I adjust to the light. But once I'm adjusted... I don't want to get back into my comfy hole. I'm outta there! 

That's how I felt when I saw the sun today. 

The Holy Spirit beckons us out of our comfy places too. He gives us dreams and desires. He shines a light on dreary, gloomy places and reminds us how great we felt the last time we stood warm and free in his amazing light. 

All we have to do to enjoy the sun is decide to step out of our door. Even though we may have a million other things to do inside, we're just a few steps away from a day filled with adventure. 

Tomorrow is another day of sunshine just like today. I believe that you're reading this because the Holy Spirit has deposited a dream inside of you. God is opening doors right now. The next time the sun light finds it's way into your window don't just open it. Stand up and walk confidently through the door that God is opening. You're just a few steps away from adventure. 

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. (1 Peter 2:9 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment