Sunday, March 2, 2014

Texas Weather: March 2

My bedroom isn't as bright this morning as it normally is. And, as the rain lightly falls on the roof just above me I am hearing that today is a day for receiving. Our Father is pouring down blessings from His throne. 

If it wasn't so cold I would go lay in the grass with my arms open and allow his rain to fall on me. I would feel the soft sprinkles on my face and and across my chest and imagine them penetrating into my beating heart, allowing the rain to wash away the dirty things and bring renewal. Instead, I'm laying in my bed with the covers thrown over me, allowing him to do the same thing. 

Receive today. Even if you have a two year yelling at you from his bed while you're trying to receive like I do. Just take a moment to receive. And then later take another moment to receive..... and so on. 

“‘I’ll make a covenant of peace with them. I’ll banish fierce animals from the country so the sheep can live safely in the wilderness and sleep in the forest. I’ll make them and everything around my hill a blessing. I’ll send down plenty of rain in season—showers of blessing! The trees in the orchards will bear fruit, the ground will produce, they’ll feel content and safe on their land, and they’ll realize that I am God when I break them out of their slavery and rescue them from their slave masters. (Ezekiel 34:25-27 MSG)






No comments:

Post a Comment