Friday, March 7, 2014

Texas Weather: March 7

Is it partly cloudy or partly sunny? 

It's all about perspective. 

Many who know me will doubt this, roll their eyes, and laugh out loud when I say that I'm an introvert. {That sound you just heard was a collective roar of people who know me saying "WHATEVER!"} But, it's true guys. I prefer to be alone, I enjoy my own company, and I LOVE to think. My mind is my playground. Very often, my thought turn ugly and take an unexpected turn into negativity. 

While I was pregnant with my baby girl I spent a lot of time with my negative thoughts. "I'm tired. I'm worried. I'm mad. I can't believe he just said that. Why is that person looking at me like that? I'm afraid. This is the worst... Fill in the blank..." You get the idea. It was pretty bad. I was struggling with fear {like major, am I crazy, fear} My friendships and marriage were suffering. I quickly sunk into a depression that I could find my way out of until I read this: 

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2 NIV)

Allow me to rephrase: 

"Crissy. Take control of your thoughts.  They should sound more like mine. Love you, girl." (Romans 12:2 CRT)

So when my thoughts sound like this: 

"I HATE this house. It's always messy because it's stupid and so stinkin small."  

I change it to this: 

This is my home. This is the house we brought our babies home to. We're making memories here. 

Or when my thoughts sound like this: 

"These kids are driving me CRAZY! I'm so tired of the whining. I wish they would leave me alone!!!

I change it to: 

"Children are a blessing. Children are a blessing. They won't be little for long. This is a sweet season."

And sometimes if I can't think of a way to spin it I say, "Jesus." 

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV)

What do your thoughts sound like today? 




No comments:

Post a Comment