Saturday, March 8, 2014

Texas Weather: March 8

Today, when I checked the forecast and it called for rain all day, I knew God was up to something. I sensed my heart would be saturated in His goodness by the end of the day.  

I was in a funk today and just like the clouds that hung above my head, a gloomy heaviness hung above my heart. My feelings have been easily hurt. I haven't had a lot of compassion for myself. My inner voice has echoed a few outside voices and I've even shed a few tears.

So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing. (1 Thessalonians 5:11 NLT)

I am so thankful to have people in my life who take time to encourage me and who remind me to take good care of my heart. 

"They went in whatever direction the spirit chose...." Ezekiel 1:12

The Holy Spirit moved..

My husband knew today, at just the right moment, that I needed him to sweetly brush my hair from my face. 

A friend brought me dinner a few weeks ago and something told me to save part of it. I made it for dinner and once again, was comforted by the thoughtful delicious gift. 

A few friends took time today to send me encouraging texts. Their words and emotional generosity were perfectly timed and spoke sweetly to my tender heart. 

And the rain came down.... 

God poured sweetness over my heart today. 

I am surrounded by people who lift me up. If you're not, then get yourself around people who will and be diligent in lifting others up. They'll return the favor some day. 






No comments:

Post a Comment