Friday, March 16, 2012

Excuse me, I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours?


This is me when I was a girl friend.  I was a cute one.


Think back to when you were a girlfriend.  

What did you think about your boyfriend?  Did you think he was the perfect guy? Did you treat him like he was?

How many conversations did you have with your best friend analyzing every conversation, hand hold, or the way he said 
good-bye at the end of a phone conversation?

"He said, I'll call you later.  Do you think he means, Don't call me I'll call you? Or what if he was going to say, I love you and just got really nervous and said, I - I'll call you later."  

Don't laugh at me! You know you did it too. 

It's fun to be a girlfriend.  

Being Ryan's girlfriend was really fun. He took me places that I'd never been and told me about things I'd never heard of.  He made me laugh...a lot... and made me feel really beautiful.


When he was around I made sure:

1.  My hair smelled good.  

2.  My breath smelled good.  No onions or garlic.

3.  I smelled like sun tan lotion, because he had mentioned he  really like the way sun tan lotion smelled.

4.  My legs were shaved and tan and lotioned.  

5.  My clothes were cute.  



If I'd had a bad day, just talking to him made it better.  

Every time the phone rang I got really excited if it was him.

When we were apart for more than a day we were really excited to see each other.

I didn't think anyone was as funny, smart, or handsome as he was. (Still don't)



Ryan's been out of town a lot lately.  And when he's on his way  home (like he is right now), I find myself doing and feeling all of these things again.  

I'm really excited to see him in 1 hour and 10 minutes.  I can't wait to kiss him and hug him and touch his face.  

But: (Yes, there's a "but" you can stop rolling your eyes at me)

When the dryer breaks, I don't feel like a girlfriend

When little ants make a home in my son's room

When the kitchen is flooded

When I just don't think I can take another minute of whining

When I feel like a short order cook

When I don't get to tell anyone about my day

When I don't get a shower

When the walls of the house are closing in around me

When I step on the longest, sharpest dinosaur tail in the house because I was trying to avoid stepping on the gigantic Lego 
"castle"...

I DON'T FEEL LIKE A GIRLFRIEND!



A wise woman builds her home, 

      but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands. 
Proverbs 14:1

 Build your home:  Be purposeful in being his girlfriend.

That's why Fridays at Little House on the Right are officially:



And the even better news is, you can link up with me now. 

I will post a "girlfriend challenge" or "girlfriend tip".  The challenge will be for the entire week.   

Then you can write your own post with your own challenge or tip and link up with me!  

Or if you don't have a blog you can leave a comment with your suggestion, tips or thoughts.  

I'm really excited!

Here's my challenge for this week:

When your husband calls you this week, no matter what you're doing, when you answer the phone sound like you're really happy it's him.  

It's easy to get caught up with your crazy day or be in a frustrating situation and pick up your phone and sound irritated.  

But, you wouldn't sound irritated with a complete stranger.  Your voice would immediately change.  You surely wouldn't talk to your boyfriend that way.  

So "Love your husband" (Titus 2:3-5) on the phone this week.

Bonus Round:  Love your husband on the phone even if he doesn't love you back. 







No comments:

Post a Comment