Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mirror

Last night 
I laid in my bed 
closed my eyes
and prayed in my head....

Ok, I was griping.

I plopped myself down in front of The One that loves me and I heaved a sigh.

I crossed my arms, took a deep breath and told Him everything I didn't like about everything and then, while I was at it, I figured it was a good time to let Him know about one particular person.

I laid it all out as if He didn't already know.  I told Him about every single time that person had offended me.  I said it perfectly; just like someone who had never offended anyone before.

In my imagination I pictured myself standing before this person and just before I began to let them HAVE IT, The One that loves them too showed me my reflection....

I flinched...


In a flash, He showed me that everything that offends me about that person, and other people, is also what is offensive about me.  I've offended.  I've been intentionally rude and hurtful.  I've ignored. I've been impatient. I've hurt others unintentionally.  I've thought it didn't matter.  I've stopped caring.  I've made eyes shed tears.  I've been unmerciful.  I've been selfish.  I've paid back.  I've called stupid.  I've been snide.  I've gossiped.  I've shared business even if it wasn't my business.  I've said, "Get over it!" and "That's life!"  I wasn't kind.  I've been an unsupportive friend.  I've been bitter.  I've denied forgiveness.  I've held it over heads.  I've rolled my eyes.  I've laughed in faces and behind backs.  I've left out.  I've cheated.  I've lied....to faces.

"Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." Colossians 3:13


First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye."  Matthew 7:5


"Then God promises to love me all day, sing songs all through the night! My life is God's prayer." Psalm 42:8


"Most of all, love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything." 1 Peter 4:8


"Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting." -William Arthur Ward


"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you." -William Arthur Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment