Thursday, June 7, 2012

Quick and Easy Dinner-a-Day #5


Quick and Easy 
Dinner-A-Day Challenge
Here's the rules....

  1.   The ingredients have to be purchased in a grocery store/market
  2.   Most of the preperation has to be done in my kitchen.
  3.   Must be quick and easy.


I'll be posting a quick and easy dinner-a-day until Friday.  Enjoy!


Challenge Complete!

We'll call this one....I feel amazing for making Polynesian sauce!

My boys, on the other hand, thought this dinner was not amazing.


Here's what you will need:



Ok, I'm going to be completely honest.  This dinner wasn't exactly quick.  Reading the instructions for the Polynesian Sauce {fully aware I'm mis-spelling} it seemed really easy, but it ended up taking a little longer than I wanted....but, it was really good.  

First steps:  
  • Get your rice going
  • Chop your pineapple, bell pepper and onion{keep onion bits seperate}


In this pan:

  • 1/2c  water
  • 1c     white vinegar
  • 1c     sugar
  • 2tsp  red food coloring
  • 1/2c  onion
  1. Bring this pan to a boil and stir occasionally.
  2. Slowly add 2 tbsp of corn starch so it can "dissolve"...mine didn't
  3. Throw in your chicken, bell pepper, and pineapple.
  4. Then {as if you have time} stir for 5 minutes with a whisk.



The finished product.



Well, I finally found something Dalton doesn't like.

Tucker did like it....Hello! Cup of sugar!...but he didn't want 
to finish it and later asked me for a peanut butter sandwich.  

I liked it.  I don't think I'll make it again unless sweet husband see's this and asks nicely.

Well, this was a fun challenge.  I realize for most people to cook every night is not a challenge but just a part of their day.  To give you a better understanding of my cooking habits I'll tell you that I couldn't find a whisk in my kitchen.  Some of you are probably reading right past that sentence because you know me and it doesn't seem strange at all that I wouldn't have a whisk.  But people that don't know me are still probably lingering on that sentence with their mouths open and brow furrowed.  They're most likely still shaking there heads.  But it's true.  I haven't needed one that often.  How often do normal kitchen people use a whisk anyway?  

It's important to me for my children to have an opportunity to eat healthy foods since they're Americans and they can have it in abundance.  I don't want to take that for granted and shove corn dogs down their throats because it's quick and easy for me. 

Well, I hope you enjoyed this little series.   














No comments:

Post a Comment